Beeves Rock, Co. Clare, Ireland

This George Halpin designed lighthouse was established in 1855. Sited at the mouth of the River Fergus, it replaced a forty year old beacon. The work was slowed by adverse tidal conditions, which covered the rock with 8 feet of water at high tide.

Beeves Rock was converted to unwatched in 1933 and came under the jurusdiction of the Limerick Harbour Commissioners in 1981.