Hillsboro Inlet's 132 foot skeletal tower was constructed in Chicago and exhibited at the 1904 St. Louis Exposition. In 1907 the tower was reconstructed in Florida. The 5.5 million candlepower light features a rotating second-order bivalve lens which can be seen for 25 miles.
Hillsboro Inlet is not open to the public, but can be viewed from a waterfront park across the Hillsboro Inlet waterway from the lighthouse. The park is located on A1A, adjacent to the south ramp of the Hillsboro Inlet draw bridge.
Thanks to Tom Liddle for the photo.