This station sits on a bluff overlooking the entrance to the Milwaukee River from Lake Michigan. The first light here was in 1855. The present 74 foot cast iron tower has an interesting history. In 1888 a 39 foot cast iron tower was constructed and fitted with a Fourth Order Fresnel lens. Twenty years later the trees around the tower had grown to the point of obscuring the light. So a second tower was begun in 1912 next to the original, and the original tower was lifted on top of it! The place where the two towers merge is clearly visible in the photo.
The keeper's house was built in 1855 and is in reasonable shape. The grounds are open to the public, but the house and tower are not. There is no museum or gift shop.