Pt. Judith Light
Pt. Judith, Rhode Island
Pt. Judith Light and Coast Guard Station sit on the western entrance to the
Narragansett Bay. The original wooden tower
was built in 1810, but was blown over during a storm six years later. A
replacement stone tower lasted until 1857,
when the current octagonal tower was erected. The upper part of the tower is
painted dark brown.
The light is easily reached on Rt. 108, just past the turn-off to Galilee and
the Block Island ferry.