Rock Island Lighthouse
Fisher's Landing, St. Lawrence River, NY

Built in 1882, the present light on Rock Island replaced the earlier tower built in 1847. The 40 foot white tower is of metal construction. The sixth order lens has been removed and the light inactive since 1958.

This photo was taken from the southern shore a few miles west of the Thousand Islands Bridge. Better views of the light are from the north side of the river, from tour boats operating out of Clayton, NY.